Delightfully today I was nominated by the fabulous Louise of Text, Pies & Videotape for the The Liebster Award. The award is a bit like a blogger chain letter, only blogs with less than 200 followers are eligible and in accepting it and answering the questions, you have to nominate another set of blogs which you admire.
The basic aim is to grow the readership of new blogs and encourage connections between bloggers. I love the idea of this and also I’m pretty self obsessed and the idea of answering eleven questions about myself felt like a nod back to the good old days of myspace and the quizzes I used to love.
Additionally its nice to know that people other than my friends who have been coerced into following me and possible stalkers are reading what I write. So here are the eleven questions posed to me by Louise.
1.What one movie defines your childhood?
Did I mention I’m very indecisive and bad at making decisions? I choose three, All Dogs Go To Heaven, The Princess Bride and The Pagemaster.
2. Do you have a signature drink?
Tequila. Definitely tequila. I know that sounds fake, Im living in Colombia and surely nobody actually likes tequila, but I do, I love the stuff. The love affair began at the tender age of 17 when enticed by a small red plastic hat I purchased my first bottle of Jose Cuervo from a dirty local off licence and blagged my way into the clubs of Doncaster town centre. Since then I’ve learnt about the joys of quality tequilas, tequila cocktails never forgetting the simple slammer. But although there are many exotic, delicious and more authentic types of tequila, that little plastic red sombrero will always hold a special place in my heart.
3. If you could pass one law for your city/town, what would it be?
For my hometown, I’d ban the use of barely there leggings in lieu of trousers. For Bogota, I’d probably do the same.
4. How do you like your eggs in the morning?
I like mine with a kiss, definitely with a kiss. Failing that, poached.
5. Can you play a musical instrument?
I have tried and failed many times, I am a prolific triangle player and not much else.
6. Would you be so kind as to summarise your blog in five words?
Me, travelling, living, loving & writing.
7. What do you find the biggest challenge of blogging to be?
Separating myself from Netflix in my spare time long enough to pen anything half literate.
8. Do you know the difference between ‘defiantly’ and ‘definitely’? (We can’t be friends if not.)
I do, I really definitely do. It drives me crazy too. Bored is my killer though, Facebook updates when people complain about being board kill me a bit inside.
9. Do you have a favourite musical? If so, what is it?
That’s a hard one, for me my favourite anything changes about ten times a day dependent on my mood. I love Wicked, a lot. Saying that I think I have to say Blood Brothers.
10. What, in your opinion, makes a good blog?
Something that I want to read. I follow blogs about travel, cooking, book reviews and just what people have been up to. If people amuse or move me, I’m always going to enjoy reading their blog.
11. Are you going to carry on the Liebster Award chain?
I am indeed, I introduce in no particular order
(The idea of this chain of blog lovin’ nominations is to nominate eleven other bloggers which you admire, enjoy reading and have less than 200 followers. Apparently I’m too mainstream as I could only come up with seven bloggers who fit that criteria for me) What my list lacks in quantity it more than makes up for in quality, I’d heartily recommend all of these blogs for a good ol’ read.
I understand that chains aren’t everyone’s kind of thing. There is NO pressure to continue with this. If you aren’t interested then please just take this as it is meant as a sincere compliment. I really like your blogs. If you would like to accept your nomination from me for the Liebster award chain and compile a list of eleven of your favourite bloggers these are my questions.
- If you were forced to stay in one place for the rest of your life, where would it be?
- What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
- What was your first, possibly embarrassing email account? (email@example.com here, the epitome of 90’s cool!)
- When was the last time you were completely overawed?
- Who would play you in a movie about your life?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- If you could have any animal, of any size to be your pet, what would you have? (I’m thinking some magical Jack Russell sized elephant for myself)
- Describe your blog for me in three words.
- Why did you start to blog?
- What do you want, right this moment, right this second? (I want ice cream)
- Are you planning on continuing this feel good chain of nomination?